Mountain climbing Svilaja
The starting point for the ascent is mountain house Orlove stine (1050m altitude) located in picturesque mountain village Zelovo. This route is characterised by extraordinary natural beauty seen in the contrast of beech forest and Dalmatian karst.
The view from the top of the mountain is a special experience and one of the most attractive sights in Dalmatia. You can see central-Dalmatian islands Vis, Brac, Hvar, the Kornati, mountains Velebit, Dinara, Kamesnica, Biokovo, Mosor, lake Peruca and it is even possible to see Italy if the sky is clear.
On our return a warm and delicious lunch can be served in the mountain hut.
Both prices include: Pick up and Drop off, air-conditioned and comfortable transportation, insurance, licensed tour guide, all taxes and VAT.
- Departure days: Every day
- Availability: All year through
- Duration: 6h
- Total distance: 11 km
- Ascent: 550m
- 08:30 h - Departure from Split
- 09:20 h - Arrival to the mountain hut „Orlove stine“
- 09:30 h - Hiking to Svilaja peak
- 12:30 h - Break on the top for snack and sightseeing
- 13:00 h - Coming back
- 15:00 h - Lunch at the mountain hut (optional)
- 17:30 h - Arrival at Split
- Total distance: 11 km
- Staff: All our professional guides are registered at Croatian mountain rescue service. Staff members speak Croatian and English.
- Fitness Level: A minimum level of fitness is required.
- Previous experience: Not necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 8 years.
- What to Bring: Footwear such as joggers or hiking shoes, hat, sun cream, plenty water, dress in layers.
- Food and drinks: It´s possible to lunch in the mountain house (you need bring your food and drinks).
- Special Conditions: The operator has the right to cancel tours, without notice at their discretion depending on the weather conditions. All safety instructions from Mirabella Tours staff must be adhered to.
- Number of people per day: Minimum of 3 person
- Availability: Every day during whole year. This trip runs if there are 3 or more person. E-mail us regarding dates and tell us number of people in your group. We will inform you about the dates available.
- Starts from: Village Zelovo.
- Duration of the tour: 3.30 – 4.30h (duration depends on the route chosen).
- Duration of the transfer: 50 min – one-way (47 km from Split)
- The price includes: Insurance, VAT, use of mountain house for lunch and guide assistance.
- Price of transfer: 100kn (15€) per person – both directions included.
- Payment: Cash or bank payment.
Is in Split right next to Mirabella tours office, we marked the location.