Salona, Klis and Solin
Not far from Split there are remains of the most important ancient city of Salona. The old city core was trapezoidal, surrounded by walls and fortified towers. The eastern part of the walls was saved from the oldest part of the Roman city and built of large stone blocks. In the southeast of the city, a forum with the capitol was built as the center of public, political and religious life. In the northwestern part of the city, there is an amphitheater that lets you imagine melee combat as real gladiators once did. Favorable location of the surrounding mountains of Kozjak and Mosor protected the city from the harsh continental climate and made it difficult for attackers from the mainland to approach.
The only way to the inland was through the narrow passage between the two mentioned mountains that was heavily guarded by the fortress of Klis. Today Klis is a member of the Croatian Association of Historical Cities due to its fortress and rich history. The impressive medieval fortress offers a wonderful view of the entire Split and its coast.
The last hour of the trip will be used to visit Solin, where free time can be spent for sightseeing or lunch, which will previously be arranged with the guide. Lunch is not included in the price and costs from 10 to 15 €.
Price includes: Pick up and Drop off, air-conditioned and comfortable transportation, entrance ticket for Salona and Klis, licensed tour guide & insurance, all taxes and VAT
- Departure days: Every day
- Availability: 01.04. - 31.10.
- Duration: 5h
- 09:00 h - Departure from Split
- 09:30 - h - arrival to Salona
- 09:30 - 11:00 h guided sightseeing of Salona
- 11:00 - 11:30 h free time
- 11:30 h - departure from Salona to Klis
- 12:00 - 13:00 h - guided sightseeing of Klis
- 13:00 - 13:30 h - free time
- 13:45 h - arrival to Solin
- 50min of free time for sightseeing Solin or lunch time
- 15:00 h - arrival to Split
- Starting point of the trip: Srijane village - Čikotina Lađa
- What to bring: footware (closed sandals/sneakers for river) a swimming suit, dry clothes to change afterwards
- Previous experience: not necessary
- Age: min. 6 years (under-age persons without presence of parents must have writen consent given by the legal tutor)
Is in Split right next to Mirabella tours office, we marked the location.